If you want to know where entrepreneurship, online entrepreneurship, and intrapreneurship are heading in Australia, you must hear Bernadette Schwerdt speak. At last count the word ‘entrepreneur’ generated 159 million Google results. Clearly, people of all persuasions, including governments, associations and employer groups want to know the secrets of successful entrepreneurship, and in particular, online entrepreneurship. And who better to lead the conversation than Bernadette Schwerdt? As the host of The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald’s online video show ‘Secrets of Aussie Online Entrepreneurs’ (and the author of a book of the same name coming due out this May) Bernadette is in a unique position to reveal the inner-most secrets behind how and why these outstanding business owners have risen to the top of their fields and become industry disruptors that have shaken their industries to the core. Bernadette shares those insights with humour and theatricality and provides relevant, practical and useful case studies, ‘how-to’ checklists, and step-by-step processes on how those lessons can be applied by anyone – SMEs, associations, and corporate teams - to create successful online endeavours.
- Host and Producer for Fairfax Digital’s online TV series ‘Secrets of Aussie Online Entrepreneurs’.
- Author of new book ‘Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs: The Mavericks, Innovators and Disruptors Behind Australia’s Top Online Businesses’ (by Wiley & Sons Publishing - due out May 2015)
- Former guest marketing reporter on Channel 9’s The Small Business Show.
- International trainer with Maura Fay Training Group, training CEOs and senior executives in the art of public speaking.
- Blogger and marketing columnist for Inside Small Business, Working Women, Australian Business Solutions.
- Account director for multi-national advertising agency Wunderman Cato Johnson, with clients including Apple, Optus, BHP and Australia Post.
- Trained 5,000 business owners in the art of content creation and persuasive writing through the school she founded (the Australian School of Copywriting), many of whom now head up leading advertising and digital marketing agencies.
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) from University of South Australia
- Accredited MBTI, NLP and DiSC Facilitator, and lecturer on marketing and advertising at leading tertiary institutions including Melbourne University, RMIT University, Victoria University.
- Trained actress with regular appearances in some of Australia’s most iconic TV shows including Neighbours, Blue Heelers, The Games, Jack Irish and more.
Bernadette Schwerdt is one of Australia’s most accomplished marketers, communication experts and business commentators. She’s also one of the country’s most compelling and entertaining public speakers and presenters.
As the host of The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald’s online video show Secrets of Aussie Online Entrepreneurs and the author of the book by the same name, Bernadette is in a unique position to reveal the inner-most secrets behind how these outstanding business owners have risen to the top of their fields and shaken their industries to the core.
As an advertising and marketing executive, her decorated career has seen her work with iconic brands including Apple, Ford, American Express, Kodak and BHP. She’s also a qualified Master Trainer in Communication, and is in demand as an keynote speaker and trainer to the CEOs and management teams of leading companies including Cadbury Schweppes, Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch amongst many others.
Bernadette shares her insights with humour and theatricality and provides relevant, practical and useful case studies, ‘how-to’ checklists, and step-by-step processes on how those lessons can be applied by anyone – SMEs, associations, and corporate teams - to create successful online endeavours.
If you want to know where entrepreneurship, online entrepreneurship, and intrapreneurship are heading in Australia, then Bernadette is a must for your event.
- Top 10 Secrets of Online Entrepreneurship
- Discover the business secrets behind some of Australia’s most successful online businesses. Find out how they got started, and why, the challenges they faced and how they overcame them.
- Discover the practical tools and applications they used to research and validate their idea to guarantee the best chance of success; how they overcame failure, rejection and setback to rise up and achieve their goals; how they built successful teams and transformed their ‘one-man-bands’ into multi-million, (and billion) dollar companies.
- This inspiring, humorous and story-packed keynote contains extensive real-life anecdotes that provide delegates with the practical skills and tips they need to bring their online endeavours to life.
- The Power of Intrapreneurship
- Discover how to bring out the inner entrepreneur (the intrapreneur) of those who work for you
- Learn how to bring an ‘entrepreneurial mindset’ to your business, team or association by creating the foundations upon which great entrepreneurial thinking flourishes.
- Let your people shine and bring their ‘whole self’ to work by discovering how you can encourage key entrepreneurial qualities in your team – risk taking, persistence, teamwork, open minded and passion.
- The Next Megatrend in Online Entrepreneurship
- The Internet of Things, or IoT, is emerging as the next technology mega-trend, with massive repercussions across the business spectrum.
- The IoT merges the physical and online worlds and promises to open up a host of new opportunities and challenges for entrepreneurs, companies, governments and consumers.
- Find out how you or your team can benefit from the ‘third wave’ of the internet and the practical steps you can take now to position your business accordingly.
- How to Write Headlines That Sell
- Discover the art of writing headlines that work.
- Uncover the skills, techniques and psychology behind words that sell.
- Writing For Profit and Influence
- Unlock the 7 secrets to writing effective copy that gets results every time.
- How to get big results on a small business budget.
- The Branding of You
- Discover the 5-step process to rewriting the story of you.
- Revitalise the way you’re perceived by your colleagues and industry.
One of the best workshops I have ever been to!
Thank you so much, our delegates just loved Bernadette’s session! Rated as the best speaker of the conference, Bernadette was able to provide education in an engaging and entertaining way. Thank you.
Education & Policy Manager
Strata Community Australia
Bernadette was the best workshop leader I've seen in a long time.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Mortgage Finance Association of Australia.
It is with pleasure that I recommend Bernadette Schwerdt, a presenter committed to tangible and practical outcomes. Bernadette is a subject matter expert that backs up her sessions with a really engaging and powerful presentation style. From the initial briefing right through to the post-conference follow up, Bernadette is a delight to work with and a true professional. I have no doubt that we will be working with Bernadette again in the near future.
Hillross / AMP
The Copywriting Intensive is a MUST for anyone wanting to get started in copywriting. Bernadette packs so much practical advice into the day, plus there’s loads of activities and workshopping throughout. I can’t recommend this workshop highly enough!
Scoopon/The Catch Group
I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate the research you did to tailor the marketing course to our audience of scientists. We have received great feedback from participants who found your workshop thoroughly professional, engaging and informative.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Thank you for presenting at last evening’s event – attendees’ written feedback was resoundingly positive, as expected. Well done, and thank you.
Glen Eira City Council
Bernadette is utterly compelling. A masterful speaker. Inspired
Executive Chairman NORA (National Online Retailers Association)
Thank you again for helping our team overcome the fear of presenting and being able to articulate the features and benefits of what we do. It has been a fantastic experience for all involved, from both a professional point of view and as a team building exercise. The feedback I have received from all our staff can only be described as glowing.
A fifth generation Cooper, Glenn Cooper AM started in the family business in 1990 as its Sales and Marketing Director. Now retired, Glenn remains Coopers Brewery's Chairman and Ambassador. He is also Chairman of Australian Made Australian Grown, the Green and Gold triangle with the stylized kangaroo recognized the world over, and is on several family company boards around Australia as well as Director of Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Company and Haymes Paints Australia. He was Chairman of the Adelaide Fringe Festival and the Adelaide Convention and Tourism Authority for which he was awarded on AM in 2005. Today, Glenn's focus is on continuing the expansion of Coopers Brewery and retaining it as a privately held family company. It is a great emotional story of how a family company has survived now for 156 years and 6 generations of Cooper Family.read more
Ray wasn't the brightest kid at school growing up in the rough western suburbs of Melbourne... you had to have 'street-smarts' to survive. Unable to read or write, Ray was the MD of Video Gold, a business venture he started at the age of 22, Video Gold grew to a turnover of $90m in under 12 months. The revolutionary Video Gold copy depth leasing program (of new release movies for $1 a day) changed the video industry overnight and was responsible for the introduction of large shopping centre type video libraries.read more
Tom Elliott is the regular ‘Money Man’ on The Project and drive time host on 3AW. He is an experienced media commentator with expertise in the fields of state and federal budgets, superannuation, investments, the economy and financial reform. On top of this, he’s also an intelligent, witty and highly entertaining speaker. Always willing to present and articulately defend a position on topics from football to finance, Tom gets crowds buzzing.read more
Global CEO, Multi Leadership Award Winner, Author, Migrant, Business and Social Entrepreneur. When it comes to contemporary leadership, Sadhana Smiles is a trailblazer. As a Global CEO for Harcourts, she has a focus on People, Planet and Profit. In a world where business evolution is accelerating, she believes re-invention is the new normal. Sadhana’s first two books – People Power Did You Have Them @ Hello and I Want What She’s Having – are both critically acclaimed and inspire people to blaze their own trail in business and in life. As the founder of Links Fiji and Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, Sadhana’s journey will leave your audience enthralled with her insights and wisdom. Sadhana is a captivating speaker who draws people into her story and encourages them to look at their own leadership opportunities and what they can contribute to make this world a better place. Sadhana Smiles will make your audience smile, laugh, cry but most importantly they’ll leave ready to tackle the world.read more
Australia’s first female Winter Olympic Gold Medallist, Alisa Camplin, possesses that rare story telling ability that inspires, entertains and transfers knowledge. Tens of thousands of people have been motivated, laughed and cried, and walked away with a toolkit of skills to create their own success after listening to Australia’s premier female speaker. Learning to ski at just 19 years of age, Alisa broke nearly every bone in her body as she climbed through the ranks, brought home back-to-back Olympic medals and dominated the sport of Freestyle Aerial Skiing. At the same time, Alisa built a global career with corporate giant IBM, leading $200M+ businesses as a senior executive working across brand strategy, sales, business development and service delivery. Proving that success is a choice, Alisa then turned heart-wrenching personal adversity into an opportunity to improve the lives of others, raising more than $1M through her charity Finnan’s Gift. Now leading from the boardroom, Alisa is fresh, honest and deliberate in her pursuits, combining business fundamentals with an authentic resilient attitude in order to succeed. Alisa was appointed Deputy Chair of the Australian Sports Commission in 2017. As real as they come, Alisa Camplin is nothing short of amazing!read more
David Staughton is a self-made millionaire and serial entrepreneur who knows how to build businesses. He has started seven businesses from scratch, and is an expert in off-peak selling and customer service. A warm and wise speaker with decades of experience, David inspires, motivates and moves audiences exuding energy and passion!read more
Driven, resourceful and determined, Daniel Flynn is one of Australia’s most successful entrepreneurs under the age of 30. He is the founder and managing director of the social enterprise Thankyou, which has given more than $5.5 million to help end global poverty. Thankyou’s 50 products are stocked by major retailers in Australia and 100 per cent of profits go to funding water, sanitation, food and child and maternal health projects around the world. In nine short years, Thankyou has directly impacted the lives of 755,338 people in 20 countries, including Australia. Daniel is also the author of best-selling book Chapter One - a book that tells the raw and real start-up story of Thankyou and is sold using an unorthodox ‘pay-what-you-want’ method. In a challenging publishing landscape, the book defied all odds by generating over $1.4 million in sales and selling over 55,000 copies in its launch month. Daniel is the recipient of EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Southern Region) and Forbes Asia 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs.His big picture thinking is behind Thankyou’s disruptive marketing campaigns that have led to Thankyou products being stocked by Australia’s biggest retailers. Daniel has also received widespread media coverage for his unconventional approach to business and marketing. He is an engaging and thought-provoking speaker who leaves his audience challenged to take on the impossible. His talks offer a blueprint for challenging the status quo and how to turn ideas into reality.read more